This Strawberry Pretzel Salad features salty-sweet crust, fluffy cheesecake layer, and fresh strawberries and jello top. Festive, delicious and easy to make, this dessert is perfect for get-togethers, cookouts and celebrations!
Of course, technically, this is not a salad. Not even close. It’s a dessert! A retro dessert, similar to Cherry Delight, Ambrosia Salad, and any desserts that include fruit, whipped topping, and a layer of crunch.
It’s also a fun and festive treat to make for Spring, Summer, or any time of the year, really. This Strawberry Pretzel Salad has three layers, each made with 3 ingredients. All of them typical of retro desserts: cool whip, cream cheese, jello, pretzels.
If you are hosting or attending a get-together, this is a perfect dessert to make. It’s simple and can be made ahead of time. Besides, it’s fun to eat it too!
- granulated sugar
- whipped topping
- cream cheese
- fresh strawberries
- strawberry jello
How to make Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
- Crush pretzels and mix with butter and sugar.
- Press onto the bottom of your baking dish. Bake, then cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread creamy mixture over crust. Chill 30 minutes.
- Mix jello with boiling water. Layer strawberries over cream cheese mixture.
- Pour cooled jello mixture over strawberry slices.
- Chill for 4 to 6 hours.
Best tips for making Strawberry Pretzel Salad:
- time: keep in mind that each layer needs time to set; the estimates total prep time is about 6 hours; it’s best to make this dessert one day ahead
- ingredients: use fresh strawberries for the best texture and presentation
- prep: make sure to thaw out the whipped topping and soften cream cheese; if not, they will not mix properly
- use any berries you like and match with jello flavors
- use graham crackers or nuts if pretzels are not your jam
- use serving bowls to make individual servings
- no-bake: instead of baking the crust, chill it for at least 30 minutes
I recommend storing any leftovers in the fridge since this dessert is made with dairy.
More dessert recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our dessert category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
This Strawberry Pretzel Salad features salty-sweet crust, fluffy cheesecake layer and fresh strawberries and jello top. Festive, delicious and easy to make, this dessert is perfect for get-togethers, cookouts and celebrations!
strawberry pretzel salad
Servings: 10 servings
Calories: 412 kcal
for the crust:
for the filling:
such as Cool Whip, thawed
for the topping:
I used two 3oz packages
to make the crust:
In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, sugar and melted butter.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ baking pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Cool completely before adding filling.
to make the filling:
In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
Add sugar and whip until fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add 1/3 of whipped topping and fold in gently with a spatula. Repeat until all whipped topping is folded in.
Spread the filling over cooled crust. Place pan in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
to make the topping:
Add jello to boiling water. Stir until it dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
Arrange strawberry slices over filling. Slowly pour cooled jello over slices.
Place the dessert in the fridge to set, for at least 4 hours.
- To crush pretzels: place pretzels in a food processor and pulse until crushed into small pieces, but not ground OR place in Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Keep in mind that each layer needs time to set; the estimated total prep time is about 6 hours; it’s best to make this dessert one day ahead.
- Don’t want to bake the crust? Chill it for at least 30 minutes!
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- The total time is an estimate.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 13g81%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Vitamin A 612IU12%
Vitamin C 34mg41%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.