Mixed Berry smoothie is the perfect answer to the need for a quick healthy breakfast or snack. Packed with flavorful fruit, protein-filled Greek yogurt, and honey, it’s a family pleaser for sure!
Smoothies are a great way to get in protein and plenty of nutrition. Try these other tried and true recipes when you need a healthy snack, Raspberry Peach, Pina Colada, and Peanut Butter Banana smoothies.
Easy Mixed Berry Smoothie
When you need a quick healthy breakfast or snack, this mixed berry smoothie is the perfect answer. Berries are naturally sweet and full of vitamins and fiber. Paired with protein-packed Greek yogurt is the ideal addition. It creates a sweet, filling smoothie that is healthy but tastes like you are drinking a berry shake. This is a sneaky way to get your kids to get more fruit into their diets. They think they are getting a dessert-like snack, but really it’s a healthy mixed berry smoothie. It is the best little deception!
The best part about this mixed berry smoothie is that it is so refreshing! Perfect for an after-workout drink, or to help wake you up in the morning. Drink this smoothie with a few eggs, bacon, or some banana bread for one of the best breakfasts ever. Smoothies, however, or whenever you serve them are a great way to help your family and loved ones eat healthier.
What you Need for a Berry Smoothie
Simple ingredients thrown together in the blender will only take minutes with this mixed berry smoothie. Then you you can be sipping on a tall class of deliciousness within minutes.
- Mixed berries: Use fresh or frozen berries. Either will work perfectly.
- Ice: This will bring the coldness you’ll love.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt adds protein and creaminess to your smoothie.
- Honey: Sweet, sweet honey makes everything taste better.
- Apple juice: Using apple juice add extra vitamins and sweetness without extra sugar.
How to Make a Mixed Berry Smoothie
Okay, this mixed berry smoothie could not be any easier! Do not worry if you do not have a fancy blender, any good blender will do. In a blender add the berries, ice, greek yogurt, honey, and apple juice. Blend until smooth. If you need to stop and scrape the sides that will help too. It is so simple and delicious!
Tips and Variations For The Best Berry Smoothie
The best thing about this berry smoothie is how customizable it is. Change the ingredients just the way you like it! Make this mixed berry smoothie even better with these quick tips and variations.
- Mixed Berries: You can skip the ice and use frozen berries. Frozen berries are often more nutritious because they are frozen at the peak of freshness. The longer fresh berries sit the more nutrients they lose.
- Greek Yogurt: Use nonfat Greek yogurt for less fat, but without compromising flavor or creaminess.
- Apple Juice: If you do not want the extra sugar you can substitute it out for almond milk, water, or coconut water.
- Add Your Greens: This is one of those smoothies that adding spinach or kale to this smoothie is perfect. The berries hide the green color so your kids will still drink it.
- Add Some Protein: Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to up the protein and nutrition.
- Extras: Up the fiber and nutrients and add a tablespoon of chia seeds or flaxseed meal.
- Frozen Bananas: I love adding a frozen banana to up the creaminess, sweetness, and nutrition.
Mixed Berry Smoothies are a great grab-and-go breakfast when I’m short on time and have a big need. These breakfasts are quick and easy to make and great to take on the go.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.