These Air Fryer Donuts are made with canned biscuits and coated with butter and cinnamon sugar. It’s a quick and easy way to make delicious breakfast pastry. Bonus, you can also make donuts holes too!
Lately, my Hubby and I have been craving sweet pastries with our coffee during the weekends. Donuts come to mind right away! But I don’t want to run to the store or make them from scratch. A can of biscuit dough to the rescue! I’ve used it before to make pull-apart rolls or skillet rolls and they are always a hit. I knew this idea would work great too!
These Air Fryer Donuts are incredibly easy to make and absolutely delicious! I went with cinnamon sugar coating but you can make a simple glaze. Either way, these are perfect with a cup of joe or your afternoon latte!
- canned biscuits, like Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
How to make donuts in the air fryer?
- Star by spraying air fryer rack or basket with coconut oil cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Remove biscuits from a can and layer on a cutting board.
- With a frosting tip (see below) or small cookie cutter, cut out the center of each biscuit.
- Place 4 biscuits/donuts in an air fryer basket or rack.
- Bake at 360 degrees for 7 minutes. See the recipe box below for info on preheating.
- Brush each donut with melted butter.
- Dip in cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Serve while warm.
Can I make donut holes in the air fryer?
Absolutely. The holes you cut with frosting tip can be baked as well. Place them on air fryer rack and bake for 2 to 3 minutes OR until golden and light brown. Dip in butter and cinnamon sugar and serve.
Can I make them ahead of time?
Just like with regular donuts, these taste the best while freshly baked. I like to serve them while they are still warm and crispy. However, even if you let them sit they will be delicious.
Can I make glazed air fryer donuts?
More breakfast recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Breakfast category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Air Fryer Donuts
These Air Fryer Donuts are made with canned biscuits and coated with cinnamon sugar. It’s a quick and easy way to make delicious breakfast pastry. Bonus, you can also make donuts holes too!
air fryer donuts, biscuit donuts
Servings: 8 servings
Calories: 173 kcal
like Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers
Spray the air fryer basket or racks with coconut oil cooking spray. See note below.
Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Remove biscuits from a can and layer on a cutting board.
With a frosting tip or small cookie cutter (about 1″ in diameter), cut out the center of each biscuit. Save the holes!
Place 4 biscuits/donuts in an air fryer basket or rack.
Bake at 360° for 7 minutes. No preheating necessary. If you preheat your air fryer, bake for 5 minutes only.
Brush each donut with melted butter. If you dip them, too much butter will melt the sugar and cinnamon coating.
Dip in cinnamon sugar to coat.
Serve while still warm.
To make donut holes: place them on air fryer rack and bake for 2 to 3 minutes OR until golden and light brown. Dip in butter and cinnamon sugar and serve.
- Vegetable oil spray tends to damage the finish in the air fryer.
- One serving is one donut.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
Air Fryer Donuts
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 176IU4%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.